Problem accessing websites

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a strange problem with my main computer. I can log onto AOL and read my e-mail, but I can't open websites. I get a "navigation to the webpage was canceled" message. I've tried various remedies but nothing has worked. The connection is fine, the hardware is fine. I did recently discover a quirk, however...if I go to a saved link to a login page requesting a password, it not only opens that page, it allows me to continue to use that site once I've entered the password. I only have two such links, so there are two sites I can still access.

Any suggestions? I'd rather not have to wipe the thing and start over... Thanks!

Try the simple stuff first you know.. Is this recently after a firewall was installed? Update of the browser you are using or a new one?

Internet explorer updated with this "helpful" phishing website add on and it hurts more then helps.. I couldn't even get to google. Also some firewall's now come with it (Norton) I experienced this today.. The Phishing Website blocker is a nuisance I find. Maybe you have a Proxy set?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back