Problem installing windows 7, keeps restarting

Hey everyone, I was trying to reinstall windows 7 on laptop using a dvd. Everything seems to go smoothly until the very end. I put in my name, time settings etc. After it restarts, it says it goes to the windows start screen and then it restarts. It keeps doing this in an infinite loop. Do you guys have any idea what I might be doing wrong? Thanks in advance

Do you get any message at all? Try banging F8 during boot and get safe boot option, or step-by-step boot to find out what is tripping it up. Try changing HDD boot order in bios after it has failed to boot once. Sometimes it is best to completely reformat the HDD before install from DVD. Go right back to having no partitions. Suspect DVD is not a normal source for an install of Win 7 on your specific hardware. That being the case, it could be the correct drivers for your laptop are not present.

Last edited:
After it restarts, it says it goes to the windows start screen and then it restarts. It keeps doing this in an infinite loop. Do you guys have any idea what I might be doing wrong? Thanks in advance

It is a possible corrupt windows registry often either cause by a hardware driver or by a malware that causes the loop before you can log-in to Windows. Best thing you could do is to reformat the drive and do a fresh clean install of Windows.

Back