Problem with Acronis cloning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorrow

Hello, a few days ago I got a WD Caviar Black 1TB Harddrive to replace the main drive I have which is dying (Clicking). I attempted to clone my old IDE Drive onto the 1TB SATA drive, and when I set it to the main bootup drive in the BIOS, Windows wouldn't boot saying something about ARC Firmware, HAL, and the systempath. I cloned the drive using Acronis True Image Home 2009. I think it may be because my current drive is a IDE, and the new drive is a SATA. I have an A8N-SLI Deluxe, I heard that people say a lot of old motherboards aren't compatible with SATA2's and I'm not really sure about that one.

I'd be grateful for any kind of advice given.

Do you not have the original Windows install disk... That disk booted to repair model will usually finishing patching the acronis dupe.

When you clone your old drive make sure you check the box next to MBR as well as the regular drive letter. You may not be writing the boot record to the new drive hence the problems you have booting. Also from the bios you can change the boot order and tell it from which drive to boot from. If you don;t see the new drive in the list check to see if you have SATA set to "native"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back