Problem with Delay Delivery in Outlook 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jungchen

Hey there,
I'm using Outlook 2007 with my Gmail account through POP.
I've been trying to use the Delay Delivery options from Outlook. i've done everything exactly as specified in Outlooks help, but the delayed messages remain in my Inbox after the specified date and time, and never get send after that.

I noticed that in the "Sent" column, the date disappears one second after having clicked on Send in the message itself. How can I reactivate this Sent status? When opening the message, "this message has not been sent" is written above the recipient. but when clicking Send again, the status does not change and the message never gets out of the outbox.
Does anyone know why and have a solution?
thanks

Gmail is different from what Outlook expects as normal in the email it presents... similar problems occur in Eudora and Thunderbird... though not as significant as Outlook.
We have not fiddled with it enough to determine if it can be repaired.

Jungchen said:
Hey there,
I'm using Outlook 2007 with my Gmail account through POP.
I've been trying to use the Delay Delivery options from Outlook. i've done everything exactly as specified in Outlooks help, but the delayed messages remain in my Inbox after the specified date and time, and never get send after that.
it's not Outlook but rather you didn't configure it to properly access gmail .
Google for gmail pop3 setup
I noticed that in the "Sent" column, the date disappears one second after having clicked on Send in the message itself. How can I reactivate this Sent status? When opening the message, "this message has not been sent" is written above the recipient. but when clicking Send again, the status does not change and the message never gets out of the outbox.
There is no fix other than getting your POP3/SMTP configured properly.
Why should the status change when it's still in the outbox :p

thanks for your advice, but my POP settings are configured properly, I checked the settings on the following website (http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=86375) and everything matches.
However, messages still are labelled "this message has not been sent" when activating the delay option in the email screen and clicking send. The delay is associated with the mail, but the mail has no sent date and time.
Very strangely I managed to send one delayed email yesterday, where the sent stamp was active. but since then, it doens't work anymore.
What is wrong? :-(

very good -- that's the page with the correct settings alright! Have you tried any other
email reader (Thunderbird)?

yes I worked a time with thunderbird but it doesn't suite my needs anymore. too many of my professional partners work on outlook, and I need to be compliant with them.

I really need a solution on why delayed messages loose their sent status after clicking on the send button. Is it a bug? Or is there a trick?

Please help

I reiterate; the status is not the issue *IF* the message is left in the Outbox;
Once the email has been transfered to the ISP, it moves from Outbox to Sent box,
and THEN the status will change.

Maybe I didn't understand what you meant -- was I clear on what I said???

well the problem is the mail in the outbox never gets send to into the sent box of gmail, if that is what you mean. it remains in outlook's outbox.
I do not have that problem with normal messages, i.e. that are not delayed.

ok we both understand each other. the fact that it stays in the Outlook Outbox is a
clear indication that it is NEVER sent to gmail.

I read you to say that if you send immediately then it goes as expected but only if
you Delay the send do you have a problem --

seems to be a clear workaround there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back