Problem with mtu settings for xbox live

Status
Not open for further replies.
tryin to connect to xbox live through a mobile broadband usb dongle via my laptop (i know it's not supposed to be possible, but i also know that it is possible)

i've successfully set up the connection to the internet, but from there it won't connect to xbox live as it says "your network does not have sufficient MTU settings, xbox live requires a minimum mtu of 1364" - fair enough - so i set the mtu settings for all networks to 1364 (in command prompt, using the command: "netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface "network name" mtu=1364 store=persistent".

checking the networks, they were all set correctly, so i tried again to connect to xbox live, and it came up with the same message.

i dont understand the problam - i've set the mtu to 1364, so why is it telling me i cant connect cos i need 1364?

ive tried restarting everything, unplugging, waiting 30 sec then plugging it in etc

can anyone help?

hmm; it could be that a device upstream from the doggle has a smaller mtu OR even that
any device in the path is setting MTU Discovery.

If you're on DSL, that mtu is 1492 or less.

xbox live through a mobile broadband usb dongle via my laptop
that means your ISP connection on the laptop is the gateway to the internet AND
you have ICS enabled for the doggle and that the doggle address (via the ICS) is 192.168.0.1

The routing and ics services will need to be running for this to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back