Problem with Speedtouch 330 modem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, I would like to apologise if I've posted this in the wrong place...I'm new to this sort of site and this particular area looked like the best place! I'm also sorry if what I've written seems choppy.

A friend of mine has been having trouble installing her Speedtouch modem (I'm pretty sure it's the 330 modem, my friend and her family haven't got a clue but it looks right), and she recently asked me to see if I could help her.

She's using Orange Broadband - and from what I can gather the Speedtouch modem came with it. There was a disk to install both the Orange Broadband and the modem, which I used, and that's when I started having problems.

The two lights on the modem are both green, and the icon that appeared in the system tray upon installation is green - which indicates that everything's okay and it's working perfectly. But, whenever I open up the Internet browser I get the 'Webpage cannot displayed' message, no matter what address I type in.

The little computers in the system tray have a red X, and when I try connecting to Orange through Network Connections I get an error message that says 'Unable to connect to remote device' (Or something like that, I'm sorry I can't be more specific). I've had my friend check her log in and password, and she assures me they're correct.

I did notice, when I ran my mouse over the Speedtouch icon in the system tray it said that it was Sending and Receiving 0 M, and when I right-clicked and ran diagnostics there was a red dot next to the information there, but I don't know what that means.

Again, I'm sorry I can't be anymore specific than this. But if anybody has any ideas that require more information I'll find out!

There are too many things that "could" be causing the problem (modem may be bad, not configured properly; network settings incorrect, etc.). I would first contact the provider (Orange Broadband) and have them look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back