Problem with video card driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings. Recently i have experienced problems with my cpu. The problem is that my computer screen keeps turning black and i cant figure it out why. I thought its caused by graphics driver but i am not sure...thats why i ask help here. I run on Windows vista home premium 32-bit. Also i checked the video card inside and i found that info from there : RX2600 - T2D256EZ/D2 so it should be ATI radeon 2600 pro. well i downloaded the latest ATI display driver but it still keeps crashing...well not crashing but the screen just goes black and i cant do anything. So please help me if u can. Thanks!

When the screen is black, are things still running even though you can't see anything?

yes all think are running still...for example when i listen music and screen goes black i can still listen the music...it wont stop. Also the monitor still works just the black screen.

In that case I think the graphics card has failed. If you could find another to temporarily test with, that would confirm it. The same thing happened to one of my PCs awhile ago.

i tried with Invidia G33 Family chipset and beleive it or not it worked...no black screens but its extremly slow. So i decided to remove it.

It seems clear you should replace the graphics card. If it is still under warranty, make arrangements to return it for repair or replacement. If it isn't under warranty, then buy a replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back