Problems with my video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

(im spanish so i dont got good gramma at english)

I buy today Call Of Duty 4 and i did all but when im gonna play says
Error Video card or driver donnot support UBYTE4N.
I was trying to find out but i dont know and i dont know how to get
i really need help i dont know how to check my video card
please reply and help me with this.

Hi,

What is your video card. If you're not sure (assuming you have Windows XP) go to Start -> Run and enter Dxdiag. Then click the display tab and your card will be listed under device. Its more than likely a Nvidia card, so you need to go to their website and find the latest driver for your card.

But googling the problem suggests you have a video card built into your motherboard that won't be able to run Call of Duty 4. Welcome to the complicated, expensive world of PC gaming :D .

is built in my motherboard i have too buy a video card but i need help i dont know how to check if it's nvdia or ati or ect im using windows vista please help me

If its not a 'dedicated' video card then I should think there's little chance of running COD 4. May be someone knows better however. A reasonably cheap card would run it no problems though - my Nvidia 7900GT had no problems with it. Video cards are really easily to fit.

Download and run Everest Home (it is free):

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

Once you download it, click on it and let it install and then run it from the icon on your desktop. Click on file, preferences, report and uncheck the 'include debug information in the report' box. People rarely want to see that stuff.

Click on the + sign beside 'Computer', then on 'Summary', then go to the VERY Top of the screen and click on 'report'.

Note: the 'Very Top' isn't one line down, it means what it says.

Cursor over 'quick report-summary' and then click on 'plain text' and then click on 'save to file' and change the 'save in' folder to 'Desktop' and then click 'Save'.

Clear all your open windows and on the Desktop click on that 'report.txt' icon - this will open it in a text editor (probably Notepad) and then copy and paste it to here.

The Everest program will identify the video data for you to post here.

El programa Everest identificar los datos de vídeo para que usted en este espacio.

Download it and install it, it is safe. The run it and make a summary report and you can read all your information.

Descargarlo e instalarlo, es seguro. El ejecutarlo y hacer un informe de síntesis y se puede leer toda su información.

The translation site I used: http://translate.google.com/transla...port and you can read all your information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back