Profile Can Not Load (Windows Vista)

domino23

Ok, quick run through of my situation...

I was running Windows Vista for a few years, then one day out of nowhere I get an error on the loading screen saying my profile can't be loaded.

I tried to get around it with tips I found online but nothing worked, so I installed Windows XP.

Now here's the problem. I installed XP on my main drive, but for some reason it also formatted my separate drive with all my music, pictures, movies etc on it.

Also, this windows xp only boots if the cd is in the drive... if I dont have the cd in windows vista loads.

Im wondering can I get some help getting around my windows vista problem and can someone tell me why windows xp only boots if the cd is in the drive? HELP these files on my other drive at very important!

but for some reason it also formatted my separate drive with all my music, pictures, movies etc on it.
OUCH - - you misunderstood the instructions OR failed to select the correct drive. Those files are now G O N E :sigh:

Im not sure about that because this happened to me years ago and my **** was still on there but I forgot what program I used to get them back...

Is there anyway around the vista profile can not load error?

Back