Protected DVDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

FAll3N

It is not against the law if he going to watch it himself on the train, and not redistribute it... Which is precisely what he is going to do... He asked for my help in ripping the DVD because he was unable to do it himself, he was having similar problems to the ones I'm having. Oh, by the way, I found out the problem lies in the fact that I do not have "sufficient priviledges" (I assume it is talking about read/write priviledges).

You cannot redistribute movies\games you name it
You cannot ask how to break the DVD protection either

But it is already his, he bought the DVD, it is then legal for him to copy it for his own use, since he already payed for it. It is just more convenient for to bring just his laptop with him, then it is to bring his laptop and the DVD.

yea, it's to expected..

yo, I'm not trying to be like a douche, I just really wanna get this problem solved!

Googling the legality of this doesn't seem to give the results of any trial involving "fair use", but almost all the links say that while 'fair use' should apply, you are still in violation of the DMCA.

There should be absolutely no privileges problems with the dvd drive when trying to rip it, so if you are getting that, there is a high chance you are completely going about it the wrong way. And you should not even be attempting to write to a stamped dvd movie.

I'm not sure why you are so insistent you get help on this from us though. You came here asked about this and got a quick reply basically saying its a violation of the board rules to discuss doing things that are illegal.

So what I would have done is read that, decided this isn't the place to ask that type of question, and then I would have googled about how to rip a dvd.

If the 2 main pieces of software people use on Windows don't do it for that particular movie then people have probably talked about it online. So you could google the movie name and ripping.

There are at least 4 ways to rip a dvd in Windows through the use of freely available software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back