PSU or Mobo ? Prob !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next week end i bought a Gigabytes K8NF-9 with an Antec Sonata 2 ::: 450 watts SmartPower Power supplie !..
Im installing all my computer and when i press the On button , I heard a small

.... Tiuuuu ... and nothing coming !!! Someone know why ?.. Plz help me !

Can you help us to understand a little better? I don't understand what you mean by "Tiuuuu" noise. Is it it a "beep" noise coming from your system's speaker? Is it just one long beep? Or a short beep?

Please tell us EXACTLY what happens when you press the power button. Do you see any lights? Any fans spinning? Anything on your monitor?

No, Nothing Happen , No fan turning , no screen, nothing ! The only thing i can heard is when i turn ON the power supplie and i press on the ON button in the front of my computer i heard this ( in my power supplies ) but i install it on my old computer and it work greatfully !

So do ypu think is a Motherboard problem or a PSU prob ?

The noise you are hearing is a very imporant hint for us to find out what the problem is. Can you please try and describe it to us more? One LONG beep? Short beep?

That noise is coming from your power supply, and happens when you push the power button?

But your power supply works in a different machine?

Have you already tried taking everything out and starting with only the basics? Take the motherboard out of the case, put ONLY the CPU and memory in (with power supply attached) and see if your machine will POST?

So you have the motherboard out of the case, the cpu installed (with heatsink and fan) and only ONE stick of ram installed.

and when you short the power pins, NOTHING?

Are there any LED lights on the motherboard when you connect the power supply?

Alright then, based on the fact that you say the PSU works in another system, I am going to guess you have a dead motherboard. You should be getting LED lights on the motherboard when the PSU is connected (assuming the PSU is plugged in and the switch on the back of the PSU is turned on).

I just downloaded and had a look at your motherboard's manual, and didn't see anything about LED lights on your board. Most boards (especially newer ones like yours) have troublshooting LED lights to tell you that the board is getting power from the PSU, or if it has troubles with the graphics card etc.

Just to confirm, take a look at your motherboard and confirm that there actually ARE some LED lights on the board somewhere. If your board has LED lights, and they are not turning on when the PSU is connected, then you have a dead board.

Nice case by the way. I have the same one, and love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back