PXE-E61 media test error

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a problem with my Toshiba Satellite L510 regarding the "PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable" message. I've tried every remedy every website has given. I've tried resetting the boot sequence using the HDD as its first choice. But I've also realized that under BIOS, it doesn't seem to be reading the HDD. I've tried taking it out and putting it back in. That didn't seem to work either.

The screen has been cracked for about a month but you could still see aout 90% of everything. But since the error message, the laptop screen has gone completely blank. Now I have it hooked up to my desktop's monitor. Anyways, what I'm trying to ask is that, could the problem have something to do with the monitor or video card? I've been on about 10 different sites and I do remember one suggestion was to replace the video card. Do laptops even have video cards? lol

anyways, help is much appreciated

PXE is an option to boot across the network! Check you BIOS settings and ensure you
have the HD as the first choice

see description

obviously he has a BIOS problem

None the less, that's where Network Boot is specified :p

If the HD is not First in the list it needs to be. Otherwise, the HD is not bootable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back