QNAP TS-809 Pro Turbo NAS Review

I can think of at least one good way to fill 16TB :) hehe

Nice review guys!

good one guest.....
I think I could fill 16Tb easy that way....
The only way I could ever see myself ever piling up 16Tb would be if I was to rip every movie, tv series, ect that I have plus downloading a ton of them. Maby if I got them all in HD that would fill it up faster. I'd still be left with a ton of space even after that though...def not for the 'usual' computer user.

hello ....

OMG 16TB ..... now what will i do with this (0O)? ... i will conquer the world! BWA HA HA ha ha ha ...

So nice, will read the complete review, will it work with my console too with the UPNP option ..
PC less download & ... phew ... i'm too overhyped now! the price must be high though!

humm, i wonder if Techspot will, like with most reviewed hard-ware, put this in a giveavway contest... oh dear, i only wish i could be the winner this time .. sorry for others! ;)

cheers!

Sweet piece of hardware. I can definitely see this at use for small businesses and maybe some very hard core users. Quite a bit out of my price range though ;-)

Pretty good performance for a NAS box. Would be interesting to see the desktop system outfitted with 4 drives too or the QNAP with only 2 drives for a more evenly matched comparison.

Good article. I just wanted to add that a lot of users who want to experiment with NAS technology without buying expensive hardware right away, can do so with freely available NAS technologies such as FreeNAS. On top of this, you can configure a virtual machine so you can play with the NAS features, configurations and benefits before buying any hardware. If you are interested, I did a step by step article on how to configure a Virtual Machine for a FreeNAS appliance, you can have a look at http://indiawebsearch.com/content/how-to-configure-a-vmware-virtual-machine-for-freenas-installation and http://indiawebsearch.com/content/how-to-perform-initial-freenas-configuration , any feedback is also welcome!

Back