Question about i5-3570k temperature

death791

Hey all I just had a quick question about my processer, I have a i5-3570k cpu at 4.2ghz and a zalman 9700 110mm fan and when I play guild wars 2 I see my processor temp on speedfan hitting 72c is there a way I can get it any cooler or it is safe?

Try to find the lowest possible stable voltage for your CPU, Ivy Bridge is known for getting very hot once you start ramping up the voltages. At 4.2Ghz I'm guessing you should be using something like 1.0-1.1V.

I have a MSI board and im just using OC Genie atm I didnt manually OC the processer yet, also I have a nzxt switch 810 full tower with 6 aftermarket 140mm fans, last night was the first time I seen the processor get that hot but it was a hot moggy day yesterday where I live so my room was pretty hot maybe that had alittle to do with it.

I had the same problem with my new i5-3570K / Asus P8Z77-V build. After much Googling I found out that you have to keep the voltages as low as possible while still running stable. I have mine at 4.3 GHz, offset +.040, PLL 1.7v. After playing around with voltages I was still seeing temps in the low 70s with a Hyper 212+ single fan. Saw a Corsair H100 for $100 and bought it on impulse (I have read a dozen positive reviews though). Now my max temps are about 60c fully loaded on high setting of IntelBurnTest (which seems to stress the CPU a lot more than the CPU burners in other programs). In the real world, like playing Dirt 3, or even encoding video, it rarely hits 50c. I like my temps low for reliability and longevity, and Corsair's flagship liquid cooling system does it better than anything else I know of (can't find any reviews yet on Thermaltake's Water 2.0 Extreme). I have no complaints at all about my H100; it's quiet and it opens up a lot of space in my case. I can now fill all my DIMM slots with fast RAM with tall heat spreaders, and I'm not bumping that huge heatsink any more every time I plug a wire in. Plus it just looks cool in my Corsair Carbide 400R case. Oh, and now I'm not afraid to try some higher overclocks knowing the heat is in check!

Back