Quicktime installation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

vhawk

I'm trying to install quicktime 7;

when I ran the installer it said it needed to delete or uninstall something; so I deleted the quick time folder;NOW it says it can't find something about updates; seems I can't win.

can any one help this stupid old fool please?

best

pete

Look toward the end of this thread (click here

Try using the Windows Installer Cleanup tool yourself to cleanup the current Quicktime install info. Then try to reinstall it.

it's really very good of you to take the time and trouble to try to help me

I clicked on that link but did not understand a thing I saw, I would have used perfect uninstaller but it di dnot list quicktime nor did add remove programs. trying to think for myself why would deleting the quick time folder/s not remove it from the computer sufficiently?-so that I could install the update thing?

Your problem might happen if the Quicktime uninstaller didn't do a good job of "cleaning up" after itself when attempting an uninstall. I think best approach is to use Microsoft Installer Cleanup Utility .
> Run it and look for and select Quicktime
> The tool will cleanup the Windows registry and remove any references to Quicktime.

The tool will cleanup the registry (but not remove any old Quicktime files still on disk). Should hopefully put you in a position where you can now do a clean/fresh Quicktime install.

To be supersafe, it is prudent to do stuff like backups etc. before attempting the fix

thank you so much I could never have known about that tool without your help

Iran it but I cannot find quicktime on the list; it should be between the last of the p's and the first of the r's , but search as I will it is not there

best and thanks

pete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back