Radeon 2600Pro Problems..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!

I just bought this new graphic card (VisionTek's Radeon HD 2600Pro AGP) to upgrade my old computer a bit (from a Radeon 9000). I have a Pentium 4 2,4GHz, 1Go RAM and 300W PSU, which is meeting the minimum requirements provided by the manifacturer. I followed the installation instructions provided with the card: I deleted my old card driver, replaced the cards inside my computer box and then I tried to boot it. I get Windows XP to open and I open the administrator account. It then pops a bubble in the task bar saying something like "New HD sound bus found" (i forget the exact message) then the computer goes veeeeeery slow (it took me 15min to open the Start menu), so I can't even install the new drivers for the new card. I found out that many people were having trouble with this card, but they all seem to be related to the drivers not working correctly, while I can't even install them due to my system turning very slow. When I get the old graphic card back in, everything goes back to normal. I was wondering if anyone knows why the new card slows down my system and if there's anyway to fix it...

Thanks for your help

Did you plug in the external 6 pin PCI-E power connector on your card? I know it is an AGP card but it requires the 6 pin connection to the PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back