Radeon 5890 1gb graphics card crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got this problem with my grafic card that it, crashes when my grafic card reach about 61c degrees, and that aint much, pretty weird. Sometimes its a black screen/color screen. And i want to know if you got any idea what the problem could be.

Thanks.

Maybe it's because there's no such thing as a Radeon 5890 ;) Unless you mean a 4890 or 5870, in which case I would check that all your connections and that your power supply is up to the job.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.16GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 8190MB RAM.
850W Corsair TX CMPSU-850TXEU 140mm. My power supply should be good enough.

Got the last version.

Problem with your power supply most likely. but make sure the card is on stock clocks.
Also if you set the computer to sleep mode is it able to recover?

yea srry bout using that term lightly lol... i was referring to video memory which, as mp stated, is on the actual card itself; suggests that the card could be faulty. the power supply is a good unit and is more than enough for a single 4890, so if adjusting the fan speeds doesn't help I'd be more likely to blame the card over the PSU. the card shouldn't crash due to core heat around 60c but the vRAM could i suppose...

Thanks for the responds. Think am gonna try to get a new grafic card, i guess. If i should get a new one, which will you suggest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back