Radeon IGP 345M driver versions for upgrade sought

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to ask this under one of the other topics for this driver, but they seem to be closed and not accepting responses.

I have a Sony Vaio PCG-K35 running XP SP3.

I get a lot of BSODs due to the ati2dvag.dll, which a little research tells me is the video driver. Some more research told me to update it. It seems to be a Sony-specific driver for an ATI card.

I asked Sony if I could load an updated driver, as they have not updated the driver avilable on their site since 2004. They said the only official driver they support is on their site and they don't plan to update it. *dead end*

Here, a fellow named doni83 mentioned using an Omega driver on a similar computer (PCG-K25). Following his link, I found the Omega site, but where he loaded v2.26.xx or something, they are now up to 4.7.xxx

So, what I am looking for is a little advice...

- Start with the Omega he used?
- Start with the more up-to-date one?

Thanks in advance
Uncle Ted

The built-in ATI Radeon IGP 345M video chip should work using the 2004 driver from the Sony site. Other than that, there might be a Windows XP update available using Windows Update. Look under Hardware Updates for any video driver updates available. Do you have all the Microsoft .NET Framework updates installed? Did this video driver issue happen right after you upgraded XP to Service Pack 3, or before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back