RAM memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

hazer07

How To Change RAM

My old e-machines computer recently broke down and i removed the harrddrive and put it into my new packard bell i-xtreme 9053, OS windows XP 64 bit i was wondering if i could also remove the RAM card and insert it into the new Packard bell and if so what modifications would i have to make the card is a kingston/VR serial KVR266X64SC25/256. Just as a temporary solution for this computers SHOCKING RAM. any posts would be greatly appreciated

You didn't tell us the eMachines model, but the Packard Bell only uses DDR PC2700, in 512 MB, and I suspect the eMachines uses DDR PC3200 1 GB modules
So it depends on what you have.
Where are you that you use both eMachines and Packard Bell? Whew?

hazer07 is not in the US... maybe Ireland or... The memory modules should be interchangeable, if not, no biggy

The will be interchangeable based on PC2700 vs PC3200, but the Packard Bell is limited to 512 MB modules with a 1 GB maximum, and most similar eMachinesare 1 GB and 2 GB

Im in the UK lol and its an e-machine 2210 the RAM from the e-machine is 256mb the one in the packard is 512mb.

In otherwords, the memory is inadequate.
I should work if you have a free slot, but you are limited to 1 GB total in the Packard Bell. If you have one slot at 512 mb, and the other is empty, the 256 mb chip will perhaps work, but not to much improvement. But the other 512 mb chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back