Random 1 second disconnects

Hello,

My computer randomly disconnects from the internet while gaming, youtubing or emailing etc. My computer is on wired internet and I've tried switching ports and switching cables. I've been searching the internet but I can't find any solution. Is there any way someone could help me?

Thank you very much,

Joey

What were you doing prior to this started happening. You need to make sure you not infected by pest. First remove any Wired ethernet cord from the PC. Run a system virus check set to full scan. Let that run. If nothing turns up. Try setting your PC network adapter to static IP. This means you don't let the router setup the IP.

If that doesn't work then you have a bad network adapter. You could also try downloading newer drivers for your network adapter. Also any firmware updates for your router too.

Thanks for the quick repsonse!
I just installed the new driver to the network adapter so I hope that was the problem. I also ran AVG virusscanner and it couldnt find anything. I hope it's fixed now but I'll come back tomorrow.

I'm not really good with computers so updating firmware and setting up static IP can be really difficult for me

Thanks!

No it's not fixed yet.

I think I should update firware and try finding some guide to setting up static ip. If that's not the option what can be left?

If you need help, it's here. So your not alone in this okay.. Just remember this.. Since I don't know what make or model of router your using won't be able to point you in the right direction. Today routers are easy to update the firmware.

To narrow down your issue will require a few things on your part. Since your not on now I'll wait for some feedback from you? ;)

To narrow down a few things, below I have asked you some questions and shown you what you can do to fix things on your PC. Depending on your issue. The way you have describe it sounds like your modem is resetting or the router is resetting or your PC (can check the event logs)

What I would do is record the event you have and then try using one of the options below.

Modem Questions / Checks / Power Cycle

When did this issue start?
When you got this modem or after you got it?
On your browser type: 192.168.100.1
Login to the Modem (requires user/password can tells you what to type in on Ubee Modem)
Click on Event Log
Look for Critical (x) x = to the number of the issue higher the number the worst the issue is.

How you ever called your ISP and have them test the modem or send a hit to it to reset it?
When last did you get his modem?
Has them modem been running 6 months or 1 year or more?
You can try power cycling the modem.
Also what Router are you using?
Have you ever upgraded the firmware on it?
Have you ever power cycled the router.

Power Cycle means turn it off and on also known as Reboot.(not reset)

Let's say you have tried all of the above and still have this issue you have reported?

PC Network Adapter Checks/Fix/Resets

The PC is that new or a few years old?
Have you ever cleaned out any dust in the vents or on the system board and CPU, PSU?
Is your network card in a slot or on the board itself?

Download and run this:
MS FixIt
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9664547

or

Under Windows
Under dos prompt
type: ipconfig /flushdns

or

ipconfig /flushdns
nbtstat -R
netsh int reset all
netsh int ip reset
netsh winsock reset

reboot your PC

or

Reset the following to services

DNS Client
sc stop Dnscache
sc start Dnscache

DHCP Client
sc stop Dhcp
sc start Dhcp

How to automate the process above

The above can be copy and pasted into Notepad
All these commands can be run in a script: save them as myTCP.cmd or batchfile (need to add Echo Off on the first like)

batch file: mytcp.bat

Echo off
ipconfig /flushdns
nbtstat -R
netsh int reset all
netsh int ip reset
netsh winsock reset
sc stop Dhcp
sc start Dhcp
sc stop Dnscache
sc start Dnscache
Exit

or

Script file: mytcp.cmd

ipconfig /flushdns
nbtstat -R
netsh int reset all
netsh int ip reset
netsh winsock reset
sc stop Dhcp
sc start Dhcp
sc stop Dnscache
sc start Dnscache

Note: Most of these scripts, batch files and manual entries might require you to: Run As Admin. So the dos prompt link under programs / accessories / dos prompt you would right click on dos prompt and run as admin

Then you can type in the commands or if you use bat or cmd version then you can do the same right click on them run as admin to start them so they can make flush or reset commands run.

Back