Random blue screens

Konig

Over the past 6 months of so ive upgraded quite a bit in my self built computer Specs follow.

Cpu - amd phenom2 6x 1075t stock
mobo - m4a88td-m
ram - corsair vengeance 8gb 1600
Gpu - evga geforce 550 ti
Psu - Corsair 700w
ide disc drive
two sata hdds

****Spoiler****

Wall of Text

In the last 6 months ive upgraded my Psu, Gpu, and case. The gpu for the extra umf and the psu and case to support it. After a little while I started to get issues and thought maybe it was a ram issue with my old G.Skill 8gb sticks so I tested them. Came back with errors in memcheck so I replaced them about a week ago with the corsair. After getting the corsair ram I continued to get the same BSODs. I would get bad line header, page fault, equal to or less than or whatever it is and so forth. Maybe my overconfidence or inexperience I figured the next issue to try was drivers and after trying that I just went ahead and did a fresh install of windows 7. Worked for a little while but even now ive started getting BSODs again. The only other solution I can come to given the variety of errors I get is my motherboard faulting and if thats the issue I need to know so hopefully it doesnt kill my new ram. Ive tried doing what I know and even tried what ive found in former posters but could not fix it myself. Help? Attached is the recent minidump from after a fresh install and its the only one of I have so far. Majority of the time the errors come while the computer is high stress. aka two games at once, or one game and streaming live with music, all with dual monitors.

Attachments

• 050712-26005-01.zip
    22.9 KB · Views: 1
Try raising that ASUS motherboards DRAM voltage a notch or two. If it is set at 1.5 volts, raise it to 1.6 or 1.7 volts and see if the computer stabilizes

I had two restarts earlier. wasnt near the computer to see them but I came back to "start in safe mode" options. Game was running with google chrome up at the time I was afk.

if setting the voltage was going to fix it I would still like to know the reason behind it working that way and im assuming that would be the motherboard yes? Originally the voltage was 1.5, Got errors. Moved to 1.65, got errors. Moved to 1.71, got errors. Is changing to 1.58 really going to make a difference? and if so, is that worth settling for or should I just try something else?

You never mentioned changing the DRAM voltage until I suggested that you do. My DRAM DDR3 voltage is 1.59 volts and my computer has no problems. ASUS motherboards are well known for there instability problems with some memory, more than any other motherboard manufacturer. Are you running the latest Nvidia video driver? I have an MSI Geforce 550ti. Have you run Memtest86 on the new memory?

All drivers are up to date since I reinstalled windows a couple days ago. I have run the NEW ram at multiple voltages with no good results. Ive also run at multiple bus speeds and no difference. I just got a new BSOD "page fault in a nonpaged area" Minidump file attached. SWTOR and Pandora were running. First adobe flash crashed with an error message that said something with 6c6c6c6c in it. I took a screenshot but I couldnt get to paint and save it before the BSOD occured.

Attachments

• 050712-21075-01.zip
    24.5 KB · Views: 1
Nothing is overclocked. cpu is at stock 3.0 gpu is stock and memory is at 1600 which is(BSOD here) what it was installed at. During that BSOD I entered bios and reset everything to bios default and then set dram voltage to 1.59 which is what it allows me to set it to close to 1.58.

Attached is the Minidump from above mentioned BSOD.

Attachments

• 050712-21075-02.zip
    27.9 KB · Views: 0
Back