Random BSOD on new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, this is my first posting. I just helped a friend build a new computer.
It has an Asus P5N-E SLI motherboard, E8400 dual core pentium, 4 gigs of corsair xms2 ram (800 mhz), dual geforce 9800 GTX video cards, a 750 gb hard drive, and a 700 watt OCZ power supply, and a zalman for the cpu.

He got vista ultimate and which is the first and only os inbstalled on this machine, and we have been getting a lot of random BSOD since its been running and its driving me nutzzzzz.

I am attaching all of the minidumps from the last couple of days in one big zip. Please let me know if you have any ideas. Thank You.

You need to have the file Minidump.z01 to continue extracting

Could my end though, I've been having some issues with zips

Anyway pls have a look at this

I'll confirm kimsland it isn't your end that is the problem it seems he's put a Zip folder inside a Zip folder. I use Winrar to open them.

Try posting the MiniDumps as separate attachments instead of in Zip folders.

I used powerarchiver to zip a 7-zip file so i could get the stupid thing under 100kb for the forum. Here they are again though as just zips. Thanks again for any help.

I sparatically went through the 26 Minidumps (by the way, I should have mentioned 5 is the normal max limit!)

Anyway, I got many different bugchecks analysis reports
On different Files and and errors. Including memory fault

BugCheck 1A: ntkrnlmp.exe
BugCheck 50: win32k.sys
BugCheck 3B: hardware
BugCheck 24: Ntfs.sys
BugCheck 50: ntkrnlmp.exe
BugCheck 3B: ntkrnlmp.exe
And the list just kept going with more

This is most likely to do with one of 3 things:

Ram faulty: Run Memtest for 7 passes (or approx 4hrs) replace if faulty
Drivers: Go to your computers (or M/b, including addon cards) manufacture's site, and update all your drivers
Software: Like Norton or Alcohol120 or any other virtual drive creating S/w
I'd suggest you remove any software like this.

I ran memtest 86 and with all four sticks it had 87 errors in about 42 hours. I continues to run it till about 70 hours and didnt get any more errors.

Then i ran two more tests for 10 hours each.First, 2 sticks in slots 1 and 3 and then the other 2 sticks in slots 2 and 4 with no errors???

i dont get it.

Any ideas, is it the mobo, do u think?

Also, im still getting random BSOD so i ran memtest again and got 8 errors within 17 minutes with 4 sticks in it again...

This is weird...

Re-seat the RAM. If the errors point to specific sticks all the time, remove those (if only 1, remove the pair for those slots). Test again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back