Random BSOD restarts - Error code 100000d - Win XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am facing random BSODs/ restarts with my computer.
The reboots are sporadic and sometimes the PC will run normally for hours and sometimes it will crash within minuets.
There is no correlation between what I am doing and when this occurs.

My configuration is:
AMD 9650 Phenom
Gigabyte MA78GM-S2HP rev 2.1 [F4 Bios]
2GB Transcend DDR2 400MHZ

When I had put together this PC I was facing the same issues right from Day 1. But after upgrading to the F4 bios, the issues were resolved.
I had RMAed the board and it was returned to me by Gigabyte. They said all was well with it.

Now suddenly, out of the blue the issue has resurfaced. I have checked my RAM. It has been verified to work well. I have checked the pagefile as well. All drivers are updated and patched up.

For AV I am using Avast Home + Comodo Personal Fire wall.

The only new piece of hardware is a Echolife HG520 router. (Its not new exactly, have been using it for a week without issues.)

Event manager tells me:
System Error Error code 100000d
Parameters: 114b31ed 00000002 00000001 b5948ca7

My minidumps and CPUz logs are attached.

This is getting very frustrating for me.
Any help would be appiciated.

Attachments

• Mini031010-01.dmp
    92 KB · Views: 3
  • Mini031010-02.dmp
    92 KB · Views: 4
  • cpuz.txt
    64.1 KB · Views: 0
0xD1 erriors are usually caused by drivers and in your case the Realteck NIC driver Rtenicxp.sys is cited as the cause of your crashes.

Go to Gigabyte's website, find your exact motherboard webpage and update the drivers from there.

Thanks for the reply

Thanks for the analysis and reply.

Just to be sure that the mistake is fully alleviated should I add a LAN card and disable the on-board Ethernet controller for good?

Thanks for the analysis and reply.

Just to be sure that the mistake is fully alleviated should I add a LAN card and disable the on-board Ethernet controller for good?

Only if the updated drivers don't resolve the problem. No need to spend $ if you don't have to.

It crashed again. :(

The latest minidump is attached to this post. Could you please tell me if its the same error?

Attachments

• Mini031810-01.dmp
    92 KB · Views: 1
Arrgh. :mad:

Looks like its time for a LAN card. Just have to make sure that it doesn't have realtek chips on it (or I will be stuck with the same drivers!)

Thank you so much for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back