Random BSOD with error

skipro_98

This error on a client in the accounting office has popped up twice following a BSOD.

Anyone know what it is and how to fix it?

Thanks,
upload_2015-2-12_12-25-20.png

This is usually driver conflicts. Tell us the security software he is running. Has he uninstalled one security software for another? Do you know if this client was running an older software that he uninstalled and replaced with newer?

Client was put into service in June 2014 running W7 pro. Norton deleted and Trend Micro installed for security. This is the primary QB machine in accounting although data is backed up every night. QB 2014 was a fresh install. No new software. Usual MS Office installed in June.

Let's see what the minidump(s) contain. Go to C:\windows\minidump. Select all the .dmp files. Right-click sending the files to a compressed(zipped) folder. Upload this folder as a file here...

Also, when Norton was deleted did they just use the uninstall tool provided by Windows or CCleaner or did they use Norton's own Removal Tool? You see Norton is notorious in leaving drivers behind so much so that they had to create their own tool for their own product to make sure all their drivers are removed.

3 years ago I helped someone here who was having issues. The minidump showed a Norton driver as the culprit. The thing was they uninstalled Norton 6 years previously but for some reason it decided to "engage" and thus conflicting with their current security software.

Also, when Norton was deleted did they just use the uninstall tool provided by Windows or CCleaner or did they use Norton's own Removal Tool? You see Norton is notorious in leaving drivers behind so much so that they had to create their own tool for their own product to make sure all their drivers are removed.

3 years ago I helped someone here who was having issues. The minidump showed a Norton driver as the culprit. The thing was they uninstalled Norton 6 years previously but for some reason it decided to "engage" and thus conflicting with their current security software.
I just used the uninstall from control Panel > programs

Back