Random BSODs, I think it's the motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am having problems windows crashing and bsod. i was running vist 32 bit home and now windows 7 64 bit home same problem with both i am running

cpu - amd phenom 2 x4 945
motherboard - asus m4a785td-v evo
memory - OCZ Gold Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) Memory Model OCZ3G10664GK
video card - 2 x his ati 4670 512 mb
power supply hec zephyr 750 watt
hard drives 1 western Digital 500gb samsung 1 tb

it crashes all the time it dosnt matter what it is doing. i up graded to windows 7 because win i loaded vista up it did not want to install the updates. i was getting update errors i worked at it all day got them in stall 1 by 1. but windows was crashing or it was bsod. so i tryed windows 7. it installed the updates good but windows crashes or its the bsod i think it is a motherboard problem

OCZ DDR3 memory has been having quite a few issues. Asus motherboards are quite notoriously well known for being picky about what RAM is recommended for every motherboard model they make. In fact, they have a specified Qualified Vendors List (QVL). Check to see if your OCZ is on that list (though it isn't exshaustive).

However, your sysmptoms also sound like you are experiencing your system crashes due to corrupted memory. Therefore run the completely free and safe memtest86+ on your memory.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed but either one should work. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

By the way, nice choices for cpu and motherboard.

i am having problems windows crashing and bsod. i was running vist 32 bit home and now windows 7 64 bit home same problem with both i am running

cpu - amd phenom 2 x4 945
motherboard - asus m4a785td-v evo
memory - OCZ Gold Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) Memory Model OCZ3G10664GK
video card - 2 x his ati 4670 512 mb
power supply hec zephyr 750 watt
hard drives 1 western Digital 500gb samsung 1 tb

it crashes all the time it dosnt matter what it is doing. i up graded to windows 7 because win i loaded vista up it did not want to install the updates. i was getting update errors i worked at it all day got them in stall 1 by 1. but windows was crashing or it was bsod. so i tryed windows 7. it installed the updates good but windows crashes or its the bsod i think it is a motherboard problem
well my memory is not listed on asus (qvl) well on i got to buy new memory this is a pain thx for your help Route44

well my memory is not listed on asus (qvl) well on i got to buy new memory this is a pain thx for your help Route44

Before you do that and because it is free go ahead and run Memtest. If it is corrupted OCZ is responsible for replacement. Also, if I'm not mistaking I do believe Asus qualifies their list that it is not exshaustive meaning that because there are so many offerings out there that they can't possibly list all memory, correct? Or am I wrong?

I know Gigabyte states this qualifier.

Also, go into the BIOS and check the voltage settings for your RAM and compare it to your RAM manufacture's specs. Do they match?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back