Random computer crash during game

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I'm playing Battlefield 1942, my computer will either exit to the desktop or restart entirely. After rebooting it gives me a report saying my pc has restarted from a bug check, giving the following information in the error message:

BCCode : 10000050 BCP1 : EBBC1A10 BCP2 : 00000000 BCP3 : D69B4C5D
BCP4 : 00000003 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1

The following files will be included in the error report:

C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER0a96.dir00\Mini032309-02.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER0a96.dir00\sysdata.xml

I have updated my computer to the best of my abilities, but have not been successful. Please help me! Thank you! :D

hi TheSwiss

Is Battlefield 1942 the only game that you're experiencing problems on? What operating system are you using? What graphics card? Are your drivers up to date? And you haven't posted your minidumps, you've only copied and pasted the links.

Spyder_1386 :)

Thank you for responding Spyder_1386.

No, battlefield is not the only game I am experiencing issues with. I play it and Medieval Total War: II, as well, and it either crashes the computer entirely, exits to the desktop, or simply restarts the computer on its own. I don't think the games I play are causing the issue.

I use Windows XP.
graphics card is ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 Series (0x5954)
I'm pretty certain my drivers are update, my pc doesn't say there are any updates available.
Unfortunately when I go to the links I have posted I get the following error message:

"Cannont find 'file:///C:DOCUME~1/Ownder/LOCALS~1/Temp/WER5e2d.dir00/Mini03909-01.dmp'. Make sure the path or Internet address is correct."

This is probably because I'm not as computer savy as I aspire to be, but I am still perplexed as to why I cannont access the minidump files.

This is frustrating, I just want to get my game on! Help!

Hi TheSwiss

Your graphics card might be heating up or your power supply might be failing .... Check the temperature settings on your card. From the information you've given us I have to say that it's most likely a video problem. Either the card or drivers.

Spyder_1386 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back