Random driver_power_state_failure

[SOLVED]Random driver_power_state_failure

Hello everyone,

So here is the scenario:

My laptop has been working perfectly for months and months, but then one day I tried something new, I installed Connectify which promised to give me the functionality that I needed at that moment, so I installed it and restarted my computer, right after that my Windows 7 booted up and there it was, the BSOD saying DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, so I booted up in safe mode and removed Connectify. After that I restart my computer but the BSOD was still there, so I did a system restore to a point before I installed Connectify and the BSOD on Win7 startup was gone BUT it started to show up randomly, completely randomly, sometimes when surfing the net, sometimes when listening to music, sometimes when watching a movie and sometimes even when I'm not doing anything and it happens in random period of time (sometimes every 5-20min, sometimes it doesn't show up for a whole day), so I have no clue what causes it. After a couple of days I thought that a full Windows reinstall would help, so I formated my C partition and installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 x64 but the problem still persists and it is exacly like described above.

So here I am, asking you guys for help to figure this one out. I'm attaching a System summary report, generated by Lavalys Everest, it has a whole bunch of information about my system. If you need anything else to help me out on this one just let me know.

Attachments

• System summary.zip
    26.8 KB · Views: 1
  • minidump.zip
    93.3 KB · Views: 3
Your error is 0x0000009F: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
A driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state; in other words you have a faulty driver. Typically occurs during events that involve power state transitions, such as shutting down, or moving into or out of standby or hibernate mode.

The driver in question is AmUStor.sys which is a Alocur (manufacture) Micro USB Mass Storage driver. This may have come preloaded with your laptop. What make is your laptop?

Thank you very much for your fast reply.

Exact model of my laptop is: Acer Aspire 5740G-434G64Mn

Speaking of mass storage, could this be because I have an empty microSD->SD adapter (it doesn't have a microSD card inserted into the adapter) inserted into my card reader, it's one exactly like in the attached picture.

Attachments

• 2131304422_8585e959cf.jpg
    2131304422_8585e959cf.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 3
We're talking PC/laptops here; anything can happen. :D

Remove said card and try to reboot.

Ok, i did it just now. I'll see if the BSOD appears again and let you know here in 2 days if it doesn't happen again. Thank you for your time.

Ok, i did it just now. I'll see if the BSOD appears again and let you know here in 2 days if it doesn't happen again. Thank you for your time.

You're welcome. If you get a BSOD sooner then post right away with the minidump file attached.

17 hours have passed and still not a single BSOD yet after i removed the adapter from my card reader :) i'm almost certain that the problem is solved.

EDIT: Yep, the problem has been solved. thanks ;)

I hope someone can find a solution.

Please see your thread. Driver cited as the cause in your situation is different from the OP's.. This error can be caused by all kinds of drivers. There is no one answer fits all.

Back