Random .exe files in Temp folder

Status
Not open for further replies.
I searched a bit to find info on what this may be and how to remove it. I searched these forums and about 20 pages of google results. I can't seem to find anything that can fix this.

Mainly there are about 4 random lettered .exe files that will pop up in the documents and settings temp folder. Only 2 or 3 run at a time. If i delete them they come back as other randomly named files all over again within a matter of 3-20 mins. They seem to run off of other programs that i already have running at the time, but its not always the same ones.

I've run MalwareBytes, Microsofts Malicious Software Removal Tool, Ccleaner and Windows Defender...none of these even detects them. Its not letting me open Spybot, yet i can update spybot. It won't let me install Avast, Avira AntiVir, or the Kaspersky trial. It seems to not let me load certain sites that are associated with anti virus programs such as Kaspersky.com. Sometimes my browser just closes all the sudden.

I can't open Task Manager so i have to use Process Explorer to even see them. It won't let me use Regedit (they both say it has been disabled by the Administrator)....i can't even boot in Safe Mode. Malwarebytes does come up with two things. It says there is a "Hijack.regedit" and "Hijack.TaskManager".

For those of us who fix these things knowing what you had can be very important in finishing the cleanup.

If you have run all those programs then attach the logs back.

In MBAM click Logs and post them all!

In SAS click Preferences-Statistics/Logs and attach all logs back.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back