Random Freezing on XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

apuchalski

I am running windows xp. Recently it began to randomly freeze up on me. I ran my virus scans and it just kept freezing up. I did system restore and it didn't help. I got fed up with it and tried to reinstall windows. During formatting, It froze at 96%. I tried a million times to fully format it but it kept freezing. Finally i just did a quick format and had no problem. On restart, it takes longer than normal to load windows. I get no errors and nothing on any scans. But now my computer still freezes randomly. I would appreciate anyone who could help with this annoying problem.

Thank you.

Same info from other post:

Could be one thing or a combination of problems. you need to run some tests on the ram and case temperatures (if it's a desktop) Here is the link for Memtest. Let it run overnight and see what it comes up with. Also use Speedfan to see what the temps are.

Well i did the memory test. it came up with zero errors. but that speedfan program... when i start up my computer, Temp2 is around 45 or 46C. But after about a minute it shoots up to about 57C. and the little flame icon pops up. im assuming that the fan on my HD is not cooling good enough? I've had this computer for about 3 years and i've never had a promblem untill now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back