Status
Not open for further replies.

perezburrull

My PC restarts randomly. Please help!

I get this error message:

BCCode : 1000007f BCP1 : 00000008 BCP2 : F78A2D70 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept). Hardware failures are the most common cause (many dozen KB articles exist for this error referencing specific hardware failures) and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

So the first step is to run memtest on your RAM:

1. Go to www.memtest.org and download the latest ISO version. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn to a CD.

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. The test will take over.

4. Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

5. If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

6. Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test.

* Get back to us with the results.

before doing this I:

-formated PC (thinking it was a virus)
-Installed Win XP SP2 (I read SP3 was incompatible with some MoBos).
-updated all the drivers -BIOS, chipset, sound, graphic- to the lastest versions.

what else can I do?

If this may help, the PC is a DELL Dimension 5150 with Inte motherboard, 1 GB RAM (2 DDR2 SDRAM 512MB) and NVidia 7300.

Okay, then attach your five latest minidumps in your next post. You can Zip five toghter (some people Zip each and every one which is a major pain).

All five minidumps are 0x7F

All five point to the same culprit: the PRISMA02.sys driver which is a wireless driver. From what I have been able to ascertain is that both D-Link and Linksys use this.

Try updating.

Thank you very much Route44.

I get a crappy wireless usb adapter installed by the telephone company.
The problem is that the driver I have installed is the last version, from 2006 !!!

I think I'd get a new wireless adapter and try.

do you think this can be the final solution?

I think I'd get a new wireless adapter and try.

do you think this can be the final solution?

Hey, its PC tech, who knows! :p But I would say that its a safe bet this is where you issue lies. Just do us a favor and let us know if this resolves the problem (or not) and the steps you took. It will help others in the future.

Confirmed. It's the USB Wireless adapter. You're a GENIUS!!!
In fact, I think it's the cable that connects the wireless adapter with the USB port. It suffers suddenly disconnections. Surely it's broken.

I have installed a LINKSYS adapter, and haven't suffered more reboots.

Thank you very much. You have beers paid whenever you come to Madrid :)

Trust me, I am very far from a genius. There are tons more people here that have a boat load more knowledge and experience than I do. I am just glad things worked out for you and I could help because PC issues can be very frustrating.

If you ever have future issues you know where to come back to: TechSpot. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back