Random restarting

snuffnchess

Hi there....

I have been having an issue with windows randomly restarting, and then telling me it has recovered from an error.

I ran SWC, and am hoping that fixed the issue..... however, I am noticing overall that the computer is a little sluggish, compared to how it used to be. without doing a fresh install, what is recommended to help clean up, registry, other files, etc.

One other thing that I notice, is when I goto install the "important updates" that windows 7 is recommending I install... they donwload.... but never install.....

I have an Asus Desktop, running Windows 7 Home Premium

Go to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. Select all the .dmp files. Right-click sending these files to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload that folder as a file here

Here is a copy of the file. I tried creating a new User Profile, and I thought most of the issues had gone away... but lo and behold, I had a restart yesterday. It seems that it is happening about once a week.... sometimes more... something less... but that is a good average.

Attachments

• 121112-31605-01.zip
    11.2 KB · Views: 1
Go to Control Panel, System, Advanced System Settings, Startup and Recovery, settings... Un-check "time to display a list of operating systems" and change "time to display recovery options when needed" to 5 seconds. Un-check "automatically restart". The minidump doesn't show anything helpful here

Okay done...... so do I basically just wait for it to happen again, and then post here the next one??? Or will it write a new file on the next restart???

That should stop the restarting, speed up the computers starting and yes, if you experience a BSOD, a new minidump will be available

Thanks...... also, just ran a memtest to see if anything popped up there.... and all passed with flying colors....

The only pattern that I seem to notice is that it usually happens when watching something on Youtube or something like that..... I have checked the drivers associated with the video card, and all are up to date.

Motherboard is ASUS CM1630
Processor is AMD Athlon II X 220 (2 CPUs), ~2.8 GHz

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    36.2 KB · Views: 0
You are using integrated video [FONT=Helvetica]ATI Radeon 3000. Do you have all the Windows Updates applied, including all the optional updates? How about having Adobe Flash, Shockwave and Oracle's Java installed?[/FONT]

The ATI Radeon is the on board video card..... I am not using that as my Video card.... I am using an nVidia card, as I am running dual monitors. All windows updates are applied. Flash and shockwave and java are installed and up to date.

Get into the bios by pressing a "F" key during start up... there might be something on the screen like "press F? for setup. Look carefully though the bios lists for first display device... or ask a friend to do this for you

Back