Randoms Crashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stejosh

Ok i keep having problems with Random crashes.

I have no idea what it is but ive tryed everything i can think of.

maybe these will help?

Im tested the Ram using memtest nothing wrong there:\

i dont know if this is connected but Windows media player seems to lag sometimes :\ makes my Cpu usage 100%. ive uninstalled it and it still crashes so i dunno :(

any ideas throw them at me if u need anymore info just ask:p

and hello everyone :) just signed up :)

EDIT : should this be in device and drivers? if so can a mod please move it:p

Anyone? :(

AlbertLionheart said:
Patience is a virtue....
If you are confident about the RAM, it may be heat related.
Download and run everest from http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

Sorry if im after a quick reply :( just gotta go out soon lol.

My Mb is around 39 and my Cpu is around 37 with normal useage.

Thats using Speedfan and coretemp.

i dont think its ram Memtest cameback reporting nothing after i did its test which took a good couple of hours :( lol
and thanks for replying:)

Temps look cool - so given the errors it might be related to the network.
W32time is a routine written for W2000 to synchonise time with an authoritative time server. Go to services and disable it to see if this helps.

AlbertLionheart said:
Temps look cool - so given the errors it might be related to the network.
W32time is a routine written for W2000 to synchonise time with an authoritative time server. Go to services and disable it to see if this helps.

i cant seem to find it in services. any other ideas?

U wouldnt belive how much ive spent to try sort this out.

New power leads, a Surge protector and virus software:\ lol

;(

If it is XP, go to control panel > admin tools > services and scroll down to the end of the listl. Select Windows time and double click; set startup as disabled and reboot. If it is not the problem, you should restore it the same way.
As a matter of interest, does your system clock keep good time?

kk i got it:p ill leave my comp running tonite to see how it goes.

Yeah it keeps the time well.

I just dont know what to do if that doesnt work.

should i try formatting and reinstalling windows?

if that doesnt work any ideas?

Post some minidump files, look in c:\windows\minidump. You can attach 5 at a time in dmp file format.

peterdiva said:
Post some minidump files, look in c:\windows\minidump. You can attach 5 at a time in dmp file format.

There you go :p

What do these show and what would you use to open them?

Attachments

• Mini091007-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 16
  • Mini090907-02.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 6
  • Mini090907-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 5
All the crashes are caused by Sacm2A.sys, which is a USB modem driver. See if there's an update available. You need Windows Debugging Tools to open them.

BugCheck 100000D1, {6, 2, 0, f7427504}
Probably caused by : Sacm2A.sys ( Sacm2A+cd8 )
f792f000 f7932800 Sacm2A Sacm2A.sys Thu Jun 10 20:42:36 2004 (40C8573C)

peterdiva said:
All the crashes are caused by Sacm2A.sys, which is a USB modem driver. See if there's an update available. You need Windows Debugging Tools to open them.

BugCheck 100000D1, {6, 2, 0, f7427504}
Probably caused by : Sacm2A.sys ( Sacm2A+cd8 )
f792f000 f7932800 Sacm2A Sacm2A.sys Thu Jun 10 20:42:36 2004 (40C8573C)

Woohoo :D no need to waste cash on getting it fixed.

ill try removing it and reinstalling. is there anyway this is connected to windows media player lagging?

thanks for helping:)

Ste

i reinstalled it and it was fine after being on all nite as far as i could tell.

BUT its just rebooted now. would u be able to take a look at my minidump file please?

and tell me if its the same problem?

Ste

Hi did u install any new hardware like NIC card etc.... - may be you installed driver is not ok and in your system failure option command is to restart the pc - remove the hardware and reinstall the driver - or if it working perfect go right click on my computer icon select properties and go to advance tab you can see system failure restart is checked - unchecked it

W32time error is usually a problem with either the port is not opening on the firewall, the time source not being available (unlikely), network congestion, or an improperly configured NTP source. So can you tell me this pc is a part of any LAN network or modem connectivity

peterdiva said:
Yeah, it's the same. What's the make and model of the modem. I'll see if I can find an update.
Hey :p thanks again for helping me on this :p

its a Scientific Atlanta a cisco company 2100. it MAY be my virgin media drivers for the modem. i got them on a disk that came with it. If it comes to it ill have to find somewhere that sells a 1m ethernet cable then i wont have that problem right? id just uninstall the USB driver for the modem and run it with the ethernet cable?

JJ77 said:
Hi did u install any new hardware like NIC card etc.... - may be you installed driver is not ok and in your system failure option command is to restart the pc - remove the hardware and reinstall the driver - or if it working perfect go right click on my computer icon select properties and go to advance tab you can see system failure restart is checked - unchecked it

W32time error is usually a problem with either the port is not opening on the firewall, the time source not being available (unlikely), network congestion, or an improperly configured NTP source. So can you tell me this pc is a part of any LAN network or modem connectivity

Its not part of any LAN network. its modemed up tho:p

ive unchecked it:p cheers for that.

Thanks for helping me u 2. :p its a pain when things dont work the way they are ment to.

From what I can find out you have the latest driver. The Ethernet option is the best bet. It won't cost you much either.

peterdiva said:
From what I can find out you have the latest driver. The Ethernet option is the best bet. It won't cost you much either.

yeah i thought i was uptodate looks like thats what im gunna have to do now then:)

thanks alot for ur help man :p

If u know anything about why my windows media player is laggin then click the link please

https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic86672.html

after that im sorted i think lol

thanks again:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back