Razer unveils new Blade 15: eight-core CPU, RTX 2070/2080 Super, and 300Hz display

midian182

Staff member
Something to look forward to: Razer’s Blade laptops have long been known for their gaming prowess. Now, the company has refreshed the Blade 15 with new hardware from Intel and Nvidia, including an 8-core CPU and the new RTX Super cards.

The “Advanced” model of the Blade 15 comes with Intel’s new 10th-gen Comet Lake Core i7-108750H, which has a base clock of 2.3GHz and a turbo speed of 5.1GHz. Graphics-wise, it boasts the new GeForce RTX 2070 Super Max-Q, or you can opt for the more powerful GeForce RTX 2080 Super Max-Q. Nvidia says the latest version of its Max-Q cards come a lot closer in performance to the standard “Max-P” GPUs.

The Blade is available with a 15.6-inch 300Hz 1080p LCD aimed at gamers, while content creators can opt for the 4K OLED touch display that’s factory-calibrated and covers 100 percent of the DCI-P3 color space.

Buyers also get WiFi 6, up to 2933 MHz DDR4 memory, a USB-C 3.2 Gen 2 port, two USB 3.2 Gen 2, 512GB or 1TB of NVMe PCIe 3.0 x4, and an SD card reader that supports UHS-III cards.

There’s a base model of the Blade 15 available, which features a matte 1080p display with a 144Hz refresh rate that can be upgraded to an OLED with a 1ms response time. Its top CPU is a six-core i7-10750H, and you can choose from a GeForce GTX 1660 Ti up to an RTX 2070. This cheaper model lacks Windows Hello facial login, and the battery drops from 80 watt-hours to 65. It also swaps individual key RGB lighting for a single-zone Chrome RGB keyboard.

The Razer Blade 15 base models start at $1,599 and reach $2,299 for the 4K OLED display and RTX 2070. The Advanced models, which all come with Core i7-10875H CPUs, start at $2,599 and go up to $3,299 for the 4K OLED with RTX 2080 Super.

The laptops will be available in the US and Canada in May, and reach Europe, China, and other locations “soon.”

Permalink to story.

Surely Razer would be better off using AMD CPU's? I get that they would have had these in the works for months but surely someone at Razer got in contact with AMD to ask for samples?

Surely Razer would be better off using AMD CPU's? I get that they would have had these in the works for months but surely someone at Razer got in contact with AMD to ask for samples?
Lmao, you should probably phone them up right away and tell them they are making a massive mistake!

Lmao, you should probably phone them up right away and tell them they are making a massive mistake!
I don't think you understand what I was getting at here but it wasn't really aimed at Razer but more of an underhanded dig at Intel going back to bad practices.

Razer make some pretty good laptops. The new AMD CPU's are shown in every review out there they are better (specially in the the slim and light form factor).

What is Intel paying them to NOT look elsewhere?

I don't think you understand what I was getting at here but it wasn't really aimed at Razer but more of an underhanded dig at Intel going back to bad practices.

Razer make some pretty good laptops. The new AMD CPU's are shown in every review out there they are better (specially in the the slim and light form factor).

I'd imagine in this case this product was in design before AMD had the processor ready. I'd also imagine that there is a push towards Intel in the high end segment of the laptop market, as it's a brand that customers recognize as performance. The new AMD processors are good but they need time to build brand.

Unfortunately for everyone AMD will need few more good years and some more marketing to A. actually be know by customers and B. Not being view and poors man choice by those who know them : - )

Razer are a very low volume OEM with limited resources. I would bet they get a bunch of design assistance from Intel (in fact pretty sure Intel helped them out with the original Blade). Unfortunately AMD's pockets are just not deep enough, as yet..

Why do you care if Intel are offering a discount to MSI? This sort of thing happens all the time everywhere. AMD give Sapphire massive discounts on AMD GPUs for exclusivity. Does this keep you awake at night?

The reason MSI went with Intel is because they want their products to sell. AMD only make good CPUs about once every 15 years at this point. Because of this they have a bad reputation that doesn’t help MSI sell their laptops.

Oh by the way, quite a lot of laptop manufacturers receive discount from motherboard manufacturers for using exclusively their products.You ought to pitchfork them all!

Better buying a console at that point... 3300$, just wow...

Which console folds up and packs away -and can be used on an international flight?

The 2080 model with the highest end Intel CPU is more powerful than the Xbox Series X and PS5.

These are "investments".

Tax writeoffs if you file 1099 with a CPA.

No 7nm Ryzen 4000 = I'm not interested. Putting up with Intel 14nm's absolutely HORRIBLE power & thermal characteristics is officially something I straight up refuse to do anymore, now that there's a vastly superior alternative available... And for cheaper no less.

Back