Reaching 70°C when playing a game like L.A. Noire normal?

Hi, I've recently bought a new laptop because the former one had huge, unfixable overheating issues even if I used a cooling pad, didnt play games etc. It was a Acer Aspire [FONT=arial]5738G.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]My new one is a HP Pavillion G6.[/FONT]
I haven't had any major overheating issues with it yet and it has an average CPU temp of 40-45°C when I'm only surfing, which I know is completely normal/safe. When I play games like GTA San Andreas or other older games it goes to around 55°C and reaches 60°C if I've played it for more than one hour.
Yesterday I tried L.A. Noire, which is a pretty new game and it didnt take more than 5 minutes for the CPU to reach 70°C, which gave me haunting memories of the Acer Aspire.
Is this normal/safe? Should I lower the settings?

CPU: Intel i7-3612QM
[FONT=tahoma]AMD Radeon HD 7670M (1 GB DDR3)[/FONT]

70c is not to bad try keep the laptop cool as possible. just keep the heat vent clear and you should be fine.
some model of HP do have overheating issues.

Chips in laptops do get very hot, 70C isn't really that excessive considering you have a very powerful 4 core/8 thread CPU there. The heatsinks, fans and enclosures are just too small to provide desktop PC levels of cooling.

Back