Realtek audio driver is not getting installed

rajeeshap

Hi iam having HP Pavilion Media Center a1320in Desktop PC.. iam unable to install driver for my sound card.i got driver from hp website but while installing a msg gets popup. it says install Microsoft uaa bus driver for hd audio. even in device manager-system devices i cant find MS UAA hd audio. 1 unknown device its shows in device manager.
And also in the device manager-system devices- i cant find microsoft UAA.......
So i purshased a new sound card and iam using it.its working fine.
But the problem is realtek sound card is not getting detected. Even i searched google. but no use.
Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for HD Audio is not installed. i think dats the problem.

I installed kb888111,kb835221 and realtek audio codec WDM_R252.nothing happened.
Actually i had mediaCentre xp installed in my system. i just formatted evrything and installed xp sp3. since then no sound card detection. unknown device....

My motherboard specification
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...ry&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=nz&lang=en&product=1823355

help me pls.

List any Problem Devices
  • Make sure devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report
  • Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
  • In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)

First look in your BIOS. Is there an entry for Onboard Audio? Is it set to Enabled?

Also, i'm going to guess the UNKNOWN device you see in DevMgr appears under USB category? (in which case, it's not at all related to your onboard sound card)

Hi mate I jst enabled onboard audio. Previously it was set to auto.
after dat my MS uaa and realtek audio got installed. but no sound is Coming.
there was one unknown deviCe(PCI standard ISA bridge). I referred ur website and I found
http://www.techsupportforum.com/mic...p-support/243179-pci-standard-isa-bridge.html
and it got installed.
now the problem is no sound . I will attaCh direCtx diagnostiC report

I more doubt - iam having 1gb,512mb and 256mb ram.
I Can user 512 and 256mb ram together.
but not 1gb and 512 or 1gb and 256 mb. same speed.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    49 KB · Views: 4
i more doubt - iam having 1gb,512mb and 256mb ram.
i Can user 512 and 256mb ram together.
but not 1gb and 512 or 1gb and 256 mb. same speed.
1) Memory
I'm not sure what you're asking about memory but, in any case, you should post a separate thread clearly stating your question and computer system specs so others more familiar with memory issues might answer

2) Re: Your sound problem
> Your dxdiag report confirms what you observed: Once you enable Onboard Audio the MS UAA Bus Driver and your sound card are detected and drivers installed
> Based on the report, it seem Windows is happy with the sound card and drivers and it looks like everthing should be OK (see snip below)

So have to next wonder about the audio plug/jack and speaker connection. Are you plugging your speakers into the rear output jack?? (Note the device description is Realtek HD Audio rear output)
> Have you tested the speakers on another computer? you know they work?

I would also first test if you hear Windows sounds (before you start testing for any other missing sounds) Click and see footnote #3 in this Guide
Code:
-------------
Sound Devices
-------------
            Description: Realtek HD Audio rear output
 Default Sound Playback: Yes
 Default Voice Playback: Yes
            Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0883&SUBSYS_103C2A31&REV_1000
        Manufacturer ID: 1
             Product ID: 100
                   Type: WDM
            Driver Name: RtkHDAud.sys
         Driver Version: 5.10.0000.5229 (English)
      Driver Attributes: Final Retail
            WHQL Logo'd: Yes
          Date and Size: 3/8/2006 14:27:12, 4246016 bytes
            Other Files: 
        Driver Provider: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.

My speakers and headphone r working fine. actually iam having 1 more soundcard. i bought the sound card coz my realtek audio was not working. so i was using it . my speakers and headphones were working fine with the new sound card. but yesterday after my realtek sound card got installed, iam not able to hear anything from speakers and headphone. even i removed my sound card, but still no sound. my pc speaker is working fine.
speaker is plugged into audio out(green Color).
Headphone into headphone ConneCtor.

I wonder if the audio port itself might have failed.

You could try booting into Knoppix ([post=766270]see this post[/post] but just look at step #2 about how to create a Knoppix Live CD). Boot into Knoppix and try using the Knoppix media player. If sound still fails under knoppix you'll know its not a Windows specific problem but related to your hardware (probably the audio connector - since Windows installed the drivers for the sound card OK)

i think you are right. may b its a hardware problem. so i just disabled my onboard audio and now iam using my other sound card. and its working fine.and thanks a lot for all this things.

Back