Realtek HD audio manager behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,
I'm having some problem with my sound behavior. I’m using intel d945gcnl onboard realtek driver (win xp). I’ve chasing front panel audio port. Here’s the problem I’m having, recently I connected my front panel port (HD pinouts). But, after connecting, my front panel is treating like rear panel and giving output on both panels. Realtek audio manager does not popup for plugging front panel (there is a portion for front panel in audio manager & ticked “auto popup”). Like as, while playing music in speaker, if I connect head phone in front panel both (speaker & headphone) are running simultaneously. Is it natural or one of the panel should get muted?

Here what I did:
1. Connect front panel wires in intel d945gcnl board (HD Config.)
2. Reinstall realtek audio driver (Also try with recent updated driver)
3. Plug both panel (speaker & headphone)
4. Both are playing at the same time same thing (none of them are getting muted)

Is there any solution or it is natural? If natural, is there any way to mute one of them? Please healp……

It is natural if they have been heavily used, or overdriven. What sound cards and sound chips do is burn out or wear out... Might be time to disable what you have, and install a low cost sound card.
For such a setup on a d945gcnl, you have some significant miles on it.

well, if previously the front panel muted the rear speakers, like raybay said it seems like the panel has worn out. or the "disable front panel detection" option is ticked.

alternatively, if the front panel since the very beginning cannot mute the rear speakers with the option ticked or not, then probably the front panel does not support jack detection (like my old casing).

hope this helps.

Help!

How can i disable an onboard graphics in my d945gcnl mobo?..
Is ATI RADEON SAPPHIRE HD5450 128 bit/ sec 1gb compatible with my board?...
Pls need your help... thanx a lot for the time....

What operating system are you using?
If Windows XP, look in Start->Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager
or look it up on HP

Sapmpling frequency of Realtek High Definition

Dear all,
About one week ago, I sent the following E-mail to Realtek contact, receiving no reply.

Dear sirs,
I have a PC (Netbook Samsung N150) with a built-in Realtek High Definition sound-card.
The installed operative system is windows XP Service pack 3.
It seems that the sound card is not able to work at a the sampling frequency of 96 KHz, despite that I am using the software driver downloaded following your link to driver downloads (which i think is up to date)

Please note that I have several programs installed on my PC, from different manufacturers: recorders, players, sound-card based oscilloscopes and spectrum analyzers. None of them is able to really use the 96 KHz sampling frequency, although from some of them it is possible to set that value.
Are you aware of this problem?
Have you any suggestion?
Is anywere a better driver available?

My problem is still there.

Has any of you a suggestion?

Thanks,
Giovanni

i'm certain that realtek do not natively support 96khz. you can opt for dedicated soundcard for that kind of performance.

I am sorry, but you are wrong.

Not later then 2 weeks ago, my PC had Windows 7 installed. Some programs did not work (that's why I passed to XP), BUT I was able to use my sound card at the sampling rate of 96 KHz.
Moreover, looking at the datasheet of the Realtek Integrated Circuit ALC269 (the chip that the sound card is based on), it is clearly specified that it supports the analog to digital sampling rate of 96 KHz.

Finally, in the windows 7 version of the control program, it was possible to set the analog-to-digital and the digital-to-analog sampling rates SEPARATELY. Now, with the XP version, the analog-to-digital sampling rate settling panel is not accessable.

Giovanni Bianchi

my bad, i just read some documentation and yes some supports till 192000hz. but i mean, what kind of audio are u listening at 96000hz? i'd rather invest in dedicated soundcard, they make a great difference compared to realtek, especially if you're listening to those high quality files.

My problem is not for listening.

I am using the soundcard for a PC-based oscilloscope/spectrum analyzer.
In that application, the highest measuable frequency is slightly less than one half of the sampling frequency.
Therefore, with 44.1 KHz sampling frequency I can visualize only up to 20 KHz, while with 96 KHz, I can see the spectrum up to about 45 KHz. That makes a BIG difference!

Giovanni Bianchi

You disable your onboard audio from the BIOS, when your computer boots up press DEL get into BIOS and go to onboard devices and disable realtek HD or whatever.

Then just pop in a 40 dollar sound card that is as good as the realtek if not better. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back