Spread the love! TechSpot Tech Gift Shortlist 2017

Realtek High Definition Audio drivers problem

By wingnutz
Nov 15, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Get your thinking caps on, this ones a cracker!

I recently purchased a second-hand Intel D915GAG Motherboard to replace a dead board, and everything has gone perfectly until it came to installing audio drivers for the Realtek High Definition Audio, which is on-board.
    The drivers installed without a problem, and Device manager reports that the device is working properly, and that the drivers are up-to-date.
    However, the Sounds and Audio Devices properties are telling me different, claiming that no audio device is installed! Only Device manager seems to know the audio drivers are there. I have tried everything i can think of, but have hit the wall....so any help at all will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

2. LookinAround

LookinAround Ex Tech Spotter Posts: 6,491   +184

See if this anything in this might help [post=926040]Reference Guide to Help Setup and Troubleshoot Windows Audio and Sound Cards[/post]

3. wingnutz

wingnutz TS Rookie Topic Starter

thanks for the link, although i gave up in the end, and reformatted again, as was having other software issues, and all is sorted now.