Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that some files got corrupted on my HDD since windows would restart itself when it got to the loading screen. I ordered a new disc drive since mine was faulty to use when repairing windows. After plugging it in i booted up my computer and after setting it to boot from disc first got the message "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media". I found this odd since i had the windows installation disc in the drive. I checked all the connections and they are fine. At one point the message "press any key to boot from disc" appeared and after doing so got the installation screen but, out of all the possible things that could have happened, experienced a power cut. It wouldn't have affected any components because i have a surge protector and i'm still getting the message.

Computer specs:
Asus Maximus formula II
LG DVD drive
2Gb 800MHz DDR2 black dragon RAM
Intel Q6600
250gb barracuda seagate HDD
HIS IceQ 4 Turbo

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

you may want to look at your power supply. different optical drives consume power at different rates. If it didn't see the disk in the drive, there is a possibility that the drive was not powered up or spinning the disk at a speed fast enough to read the data. I see that you have a custom machine so its possible that with all the upgrades you now may need a beefier power supply. Thats just 1 of several possibilties. Whats the wattage on the one you have now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back