Reboot modem via command line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klohgloh

Hello,
Simple question: Is it possible to restart a dsl modem via command line in WinXp? It's a Cellpipe (chipset Viking) modem.

Im not too sure about that type of modem. Is there a Telnet control option? Most times, people that want to reset a modem via command prompt are stealing internet (NOT PUTTING ANY BLAME), but the best bet you have is to connect to the modem via IP Address. Usually anywhere from the 192.168.0.1-192.168.1.254 range. Try going to www.angryziber.com and download the IP Scanner utility. Enter in the IP info and then start the scan. See what you get. BEST RESULTS: Unplug the modem and plug it back in....unless you ARE stealing internet.....YOU BETTER NOT BE!

Hi gavinseabrook,
No, i'm not stealing anyone's internet ;) I just need to restart the modem from time to time as it stops working sometimes (which is probably caused by the NAT table cleaning out too slowly)
Anyway, the modem should have Telnet, i remember me doing something on it through command line (if this is what Telnet is supposed to be for), and it is either mentioned in the manual but i didn't find it in the web management.

Doing the restart from the web management is ok, but it sometimes takes even 10 mins to load up :/ Manual unplugging is then fine but a simple doubleclick could be even better ;)

Thanks for your time gavinseabrook

Sometimes that could be bothersome. That is why I hate DSL. Especially SBC/ATT modems. Most times (sometimes ive seen over 15 times a day) the modems say they dropped the connection and need to be restarted. Cable modems are awsome though :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back