Rebuilding SCSI Gateway 9510T

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am rebuilding my Gateway SCSI (6 bay) 9510T server. On attempt to install Windows Server 2003, the installation just freezes at the 'Setup is starting Windows' message.

I have attempted to install several drivers but none seem to make a difference:

* Raid Controller Driver v6.45.2.32 ('AKA'= Gateway 9531439.exe)

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

I have read several post but none seem to be the correct solution.

* Load SCSI drivers= Installation hangs with message 'Setup is starting Windows'.
* Install OS to SATA= Installation hangs with message 'Setup is starting Windows'.
* Install OS to PATA= Installation hangs with message 'Setup is starting Windows'.

I am currently attempting to bypass installation to SCSI or PATA (IDE) TO going for SATA RAID.

hm; put the system on a single, non-raid device. use your raid for data as recommended by Microsoft itself.

if you have problems with that, then check the BIOS settings and verify hardware
compatibility

Thanks for your responce. I know that the hardware is definitely compatible since it was shipped with the original hardware and installation of server 2003 SE.

I have already disconnected the SCSI expansion board and currently am testingwith the IDE previously mentioned.

IDE install

Thanks for your responce. I know that the hardware is definitely compatible since it was shipped with the original hardware and installation of server 2003 SE.

I have already disconnected the SCSI expansion board and currently am testingwith the IDE previously mentioned but there is no success yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back