Recharging an iPhone

I charge mine when I go to bed and pick it up when I awake - - clearly more than enough time. (y)

I've done that too. I've also plugged it in when its only 98% & forgotten about it.
Just don't want/need a battery exploding on me, thank you. :)

There was a report of battery meltdowns but ONLY from using some cheap 3rd party chargers from China that did not sense when to stop charging - - those are cheap BECAUSE then don't even have the sensor.

There was a report of battery meltdowns but ONLY from using some cheap 3rd party chargers from China that did not sense when to stop charging - - those are cheap BECAUSE then don't even have the sensor.
The USB power hub is not supposed to sense anything; the phone itself regulates charging.
There is no ill effect with leaving your phone on the charger.

You've asked this before. This is simiar to what I said:

Yes, there is harm to your battery to leave the phone plugged in. Lithium ion (or LiPo) batteries don't like maximum charge, and would prefer between 20-90% charge. Leaving the phone plugged in after it is done charging WILL decrease the battery life. Some phones are better than others - they will discharge and charge periodically to keep movement on the battery, but the end result is it will still decrease battery life more than keeping between 20-90%.

At the end of the day, people keep smartphones for <4years and you shouldn't worry about this small decrease in battery life too much.

You've asked this before. This is simiar to what I said:

Yes, there is harm to your battery to leave the phone plugged in. Lithium ion (or LiPo) batteries don't like maximum charge, and would prefer between 20-90% charge. Leaving the phone plugged in after it is done charging WILL decrease the battery life. Some phones are better than others - they will discharge and charge periodically to keep movement on the battery, but the end result is it will still decrease battery life more than keeping between 20-90%.

At the end of the day, people keep smartphones for <4years and you shouldn't worry about this small decrease in battery life too much.
Thank you, I knew I asked it previously, but couldn't remember where in here or the answer. Thank you :)

Back