Recommendations for a universal remote control?

LookinAround

I'm looking for any info / comments / recommendations for a Universal Remote Control
  • Which one do you use and what are the features you like?
  • I'm thinking would be a plus (not required) if it were illuminated
  • I also understand some remotes can be programmed from your PC? And/or you can save its settings in a backup file? That would be a great feature for me. Whether
    > To be able to easily re-program it for any reason
    > To easily program a second, identical unit if I want to
Any thoughts?

Thats nice, though I'm not wanting to spend quite so much. lol.

New GPU and psu first., and keyboard. :D

Thanks for that info lpmjames. I probably won't review the product info till sometime next month when i'll probably be ready to buy (and @Leeky: i've also been surprised at some of the Universal Remote prices. Ouch!)

As info for the thread, I'll post some info provided by a friend who has this Universal Remote MX-850 model
> He loves it (tho it felt a bit big in my hand for me)
> He says it has support for most electronics gear for auto programming on your PC

And added point i;ve learned: Be sure to consider if you want an Infra-red (IR) vs. Radio Frequency (RF) based remote
> IR is pretty much line-of-sight vs. RF which is longer range and can penetrate furniture (and even walls)

For my situation, RF is what i want because: I want to see if i can connect ONE Tivo to TWO different TVs (one on each side of a shared wall)
> That would allow me to only buy or rent one Tivo (instead of needing two)
> And i can use the same remote to control the Tivo (even when i'm watching the TV in other room) :)

Back