Reformatting PC -- issue with booting to CD-ROM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I am trying to reformat my PC with a version of XP that has been ripped (and I have been told works).

I have a GIgabyte motherboard MA77OT-UD3P and when I try to boot to CD-rom it won't - it will just restart my computer normally. I have tried changing the settings in Boot **** priority in BIOS settings, but this doesnt seem to work.
When I do this, the screen goes black, it starts loading devices/drivers etc, then says [FONT=inherit][FONT=inherit][FONT=inherit]Boot [/FONT][FONT=inherit]CD[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]/DVD ...
and then the CD runs in my computer (I can hear it spinning) and then it thinks about it...and then reboots normally as though it tried and could not.

Is this an issue with the [FONT=inherit][FONT=inherit][FONT=inherit]CD [/FONT][FONT=inherit]rom[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]?

Thanks!

Techspot does not condone the use of pirated software and will not assist with the use for a "ripped" disk. Your best bet, if your key is legit, is to find a friend with the same version of XP on a disk and use that with your key. There's no telling what else you'll be getting with that "ripped" version you have

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back