Refuse box

Status
Not open for further replies.

swiftflo

Recently attempted to carry out the proceedure to remove the refuse box from the desktop. Cocked it up and now the toolbar does not work as it should. Is there any way that I can reverse the attempted proceedure without a reinstall.

Thanks.

Run your Windows disk, selecting R for Repair Mode, not Repair Console. It will replace the Windows stuff without touching your files. You will have to reinstall some Windows Updates.

ok wait so how do should i under stand this firstly what is a regfuse box and secondly you mean your windows toolbar?

Sin, there's probably an easier way to add or remove the Recycling Box. Also, the windows repair doesn't correct the windows registry and that's likely where the problem is.

I'd try a System Restore first. This is quick and more like what will fix your problem.

Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore

-- Andy

Sin, there's probably an easier way to add or remove the Recycling Box. Also, the windows repair doesn't correct the windows registry and that's likely where the problem is.

I'd try a System Restore first. This is quick and more like what will fix your problem.

Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore

-- Andy
This was the first thing I tried, but it does not work.

ok wait so how do should i under stand this firstly what is a regfuse box and secondly you mean your windows toolbar?

The refuse box is of course "Recycle Bin", Toolbar is the quick launch bar along the bottom or sometimes either side of the screen.

Sorry it's not that I haven't got the Recycle Bin, I have. The problems is the ToolBar/Quick launch bar does not work as it should after my cockup trying the mod to the Recycle Bin as detailed earlier.

Well then, time to create a new user account and move all your files over to the new one. First, create the new account and see that the toolbar works properly. If it does then copy your files over and set it up as per your original account.

-- Andy

hey i never said that solution i was wondering whats the refuse box is :)

lol wow thats weird i hate it when things like that happen... at least when all thing go wrong instead of right :)

I thought it was weird but it works now. As I said I messed around with it so much that I really don't know what I did to get it right. As you say lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back