Reinstalled now i can't access some files on a storage drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I just reinstalled windows 7 on my pc and now i can't access a folder properly.

I have two hard disks one i use for my operating system and another for storage. I was able to access these files before on my previous installations (yes i have done this before with success) and work fine but now when i try to access a specific folder on it that isn't buried it wouldn't let me access it, move it or delete it.

I went to permissions and told it to release ownership of the file and all files in it to the system it finally let me open it but now everything in that folder won't let me do anything. When i click a .exe it gives the

"Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. you may not have appropriate permissions to access the item."

so when i give owner ship to that item it will let me edit/delete it but i don't want to have to do that to every single item in that folder considering i have a couple apps in there that have larger amounts of files in there.

Is there anything i could do to speed up the process or eliminate the problem? If so please respond soon i miss my files D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back