Reinstalled xp now internet wont work

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, i have a home made pc that a friend built. there was a problem with xp so i reinstalled it but now i cant connect to the internet. i know i need to reinstall the network drivers but i am having problems. i do not have a cd to install & hes moved away from the area
the motherboard is P4C800-E DELUXE. i googled it got on the website downloaded what i think are the correct drivers but when i opened the downloaded file there was no network drivers.
when i look in device manager ive only got a 1394 net adaptor.
i remember my friend downloaded another when he fixed it last time
can someone please help me?

Using the same method, d/l the drivers for your motherboard from the website.
http://support.asus.com/download/download_item.aspx?product=1&model=P4C800-E Deluxe
The xp drivers should be the third ones down under lan. If you are using a different os, adjust accordingly.

Perhaps the first time the download was not properly completed?

Back in device manager, click the "view" drop-down menus, and select "Show hidden devices".

Now you should be able to both Wireless and Ethernet NIC (if available), right click and select update driver.

HTH

no its still not working. when i download the drivers theres no way of up loading them. is there anything else i can do?

When you say "up loading" do you mean installing the drivers? If so, what do you mean, exactly, that there is no way to do so?

yeah sorry i mean nothing to install the drivers. the driver folder i downloaded has loads of files in there but none that can help install e.g: e100b325.sys, e100b325.din but no installation wizard. there is also a PROUnstl.exe

I downloaded the files myself to take a look. From the look of the files (autorun files) I'd say they are designed to be burned to a CD and installed from it. Burn the group of two Pro100 and Pro1000 folders and the autorun files and the rest so they are NOT under any other folder. In other words you'll just see the two folders and the other files. I hope that wasn't too confusing. Pop it into the optical drive and see if it autoruns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back