Reinstalling w7 from w10

• Thread starter Deleted member 460804
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 460804

Bought a used laptop from a classfied ad. old. I use it at my work just for surfing as 8+ hours on a smartphone is killing my eyes.

there is a w7 serial sticker on the underside but has w10 installed that has no serial. its limiting me with certain things and I really do not like using it after a month of seeing if id like it or not.

where can I download w7 to install (clean install) and what issues can I run into? I have downloaded drivers already for the laptop.

stay safe.

btw, not interested in staying with w10. if I could Id go back to xp except low ram support and no ssd support.

I have built XP machines with a SSD....! =)

You might need a little computer shop nearby to burn you a DvD with the version of Windows 7 that matches your product key sticker that you have (Usually 64 bit Home or Pro).

Having said that ...what issues you could you run into? Support for Windows 7 stopped Jan 2020 so that means each time you go on the Internet there is a chance you may encounter a vulnerability that could be used against your unsupported OS. This is more of a concern when doing things with money comes into play (banking?). As Win7 ages more and more websites will complain that you must upgrade the browser version and when you try, the browser tells you your OS is not supported. A bit of a vicious circle there.

I find Windows 10 great. I'm not sure what issues you are having with it other than it might be running slow on older hardware? Is that it?

Yes I like XP too and use it for old programs but would not use it as a main OS or Windows 7 for that matter. Windows 10 is way ahead of Windows 7 so stick with it. The only sensible choice is to move forward not back or you will be facing problems you can't solve.

I dont like w10. thats the issue. leave it aside, its not an option to stay with w10. I hate every second using it. gui is crep. certain things I need to use constantly and cant deal with it.

I found a windows 7 pro OA sticker in the laptop where the batteryin the body.

I have 2 actually. much appreciated. ill enter the serial and give it a go
ill go with the pro number first. the other seems to be the first and it looks quite old.

Back