Remote accessed

JadedJane

Hi all. I lost a phone in June and until September I had nothing but issues. Had to replace all my accounts, google to Microsoft to Samsung. Replaced my modem 3 times, changed my ph number 3x , even changed the back up emails I was using. And bought a Mac book! I thought it had stopped but about dec 6th it started up again. And as bad as this sounds, im almost positive its either my husband or my stepson. I have devices on my network that seem to always come back also. Is there anything I can do to stop it. It got so bad in the summer, I was flipping beds and searching kids and almost admitted myself in the mental floor at my local hospital. I cant go thru that again. Thank you in advance!

This is how for a WINDOWS computer:

1. disable RDP
  2. change router to PUBLIC instead home or private

(1) control panel->Admin Tools->Services
scroll to Windows Remote Management. dbl click, then click Stop followed by Startup Type: DISABLED. Click OK

(2) control panel->network & sharing
1578001696806.jpeg

click Home network and change to Public or Private. may need Admin password
1578001908644.jpeg

Thank you, Ill start now!! Will I still be able to take my classes and use my IDEs? what about a Note9? I installed proton-mail and before I could get authenticator set up my password is changed...

Done on the PC.... I probably should've mentioned, Im a windows 10 with server, not sure how they pull that off. Says Home 1909 but they say 2016 server...idk off to do my mac!! Thanks again!

Thank you, Ill start now!! Will I still be able to take my classes and use my IDEs? what about a Note9?

NO software you need requires RDP, so there's no reason to allow it. The networking change allows ALL outbound requests but inhibits unsolicited INPUTS.

I installed proton-mail and before I could get authenticator set up my password is changed...
are you saying that your login password was changed? on which system?

Both Mac & Windows have (under different IDs) special accounts for controlling settings. Your day-to-day usage accounts should be the lowest capability.

Note9 -- the device or some software program?

BTW: here's the outline to get control:

1) get control of the default ADMINISTRATOR account and set a new password
(at least one UC,LC character, number and special character, all at least 8 characters long)

2) set your daily use account to Limited User to protect everything if attacked

3) consider deleting all accounts other than your own

4) encourage your network router use PUBLIC instead of Private to increase effectiveness of the Firewall. This will adversely effect File Sharing which needs Private, so it's a trade-off

5) if you use File Sharing, disconnect all active shares before you Sleep, Hibernate or log off

Thank you. I did as you said and last night I got a pop up from intel, still have tab open, wanting to update software. Sure no biggie right?? wrong!! It was a ibthusb driver and other things, so all day today Ive been like why, how is he still??? As I got to paying attention whne id go to reset passwords and authenticate, the authenticator would tell me syncing.. wtf are you syncing with?? Come to find out he had my fire stick paired to my PC and has been doing ido what with es file explorer. I put a pin ont e file explorer a couple weeks ago, cant access it. So, Ive disabled to driver, until I can figure out exactly what I want to do from here. Im thinking wipe system and reinstall... any thoughts??

1) STOP ALL DRIVER UPDATES

2) ibthusb is bluetooth; so unless you're using a BT keyboard or mouse;
disable sync & then delete the BT driver

are you saying that your login password was changed? on which system?
the protonmail passwords have changed on the Mac and my android. Ive lost count now.... Havent used it on the PC, I even turned on authentication logging and it didnt save his IP, but I have the IP it was listed under devices on my laptop and mmc . Sorry if Im not making much sense, this has really wore me down over the last 7 mths.

And the Note 9 is both system and device.... like certain app notifications will get put on silent, usually google, facebook, my Malwarebytes, Samsung.. things that might alert me that a password was changed or an account was logged into...

I am the ONLY user on either of my machines...

Im sorry I thought I posted both ealier… Ive deleted any extra files, programs that's been added.. I have and extra disk partition and it has same name as one of the smart light in my home .Really small 60 MB but explains why as soon as he went to bed I got a notification. It had went offline.. uhg… its a fat32 and 0-4 are NTFS... and I have modified users on my account

And I meant to show this earlier... also got a .txt file on the Mac where someone used my isp mobile services... to login email accounts

And the Note 9 is both system and device.... like certain app notifications will get put on silent, usually google, facebook, my Malwarebytes, Samsung.. things that might alert me that a password was changed or an account was logged into...
The Note device is an island unto itself and the steps above don't apply. Until you have control of Sync, I would disable Sync on ALL YOUR DEVICES AND SYSTEMS.

Get his IP address and BLOCK it in your router AND your Win/10 Firewall[/QUOTE]

Which CLOUD sync are you using: Mac iCloud or Google?

On the Mac, log into the Apple-ID and then Manage Accounts. Find HIS access and disconnect it. Then be sure to change the iCloud password

Back