Remote procedure call failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

marklantis

As soon as I open WMP 11 I get "WMP encountered an error and needed to close. Sorry for your inconvenience." When I try to install music match 8, the files extract. But, when it goes to install them; I get "failed to launch setup. the remote procedure call failed." I think I may have deleted a needed file with an aggressive registry cleaner; although, I dont get any dll errors.Any Ideas? I have tried reinstalling SP3, but still have the same problem. I am running win XP home SP3. Other programs in stall fine.

IF the above doesn't fix the try, go into Services again and enable both Universal Plug and Play (uPnP) and SSDP i believe are also both needed and might have been set to disalbed by something/someone in the past.

As soon as I open WMP 11 I get "WMP encountered an error and needed to close. Sorry for your inconvenience." When I try to install music match 8, the files extract. But, when it goes to install them; I get "failed to launch setup. the remote procedure call failed." I think I may have deleted a needed file with an aggressive registry cleaner; although, I dont get any dll errors.Any Ideas? I have tried reinstalling SP3, but still have the same problem. I am running win XP home SP3. Other programs in stall fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back