Removable disk problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

john simpson

A removable disk Icon on My Computer has dissapeared.

How can i fix this?

I had a usb memory stick in it; I installed a piece of software off it.

The disappearance occurred after this.

when i clicked 'safely remove hardware' it said 'safely remove storage device from system'.

The disk drive icon only comes up whenever i have that particular memory stick in the usb drive.

I restored the PC to a previous time - it un-installed the program itself (that i installed off the memory stick) which i wanted but the disk icon problem remains.

(Id like to add the device is working)

Thanks in Advance

?

I looked on disk management the pc doesn't recognise that drive at all instead of displaying 5 removable disks only 4 show up.
even under USB mass storage devices. I have two USB Mass storage devices but it only shows one.

This was never the case before. It would alway shows this drive even if nothing was connected to it.

It only shows when i have that stupid memory stick connected to it.

either you've mistaken me for someone else or you're taking the p****

Anyway, if anyone normal can give me some advice it will be most appreciated.

The disk drive icon only comes up whenever i have that particular memory stick in the usb drive.
This is how it's supposed to work. When the flash drive is removed the icon disappears unless you have other removable drives plugged into other USB ports. So there is no problem as far as I can see.

hey john.

just to undertand you, you would like for the drive to be detected by your system even when it has been unplugged - the way it apparently was previously?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back